Date Posted: January 24, 2022
Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd. (Nichols) is a full-service geo-environmental consulting and remediation firm that provides environmental and engineering solutions to a wide range of industrial, government and public sector clients. Nichols continues to expand our operations throughout Western Canada and requires qualified individuals to join our team.
A winning attitude as well as a flexible approach and diversity of experience will provide you with an excellent opportunity to expand your career at Nichols.
The Senior Accountant position will report directly to our executive team and will have ongoing responsibilities to the entire team of project managers, engineers, scientists, technologists, and our administrative support staff. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) located at our head office in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation preferred;
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience;
- Able to work independently and meet critical deadlines;
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal; and
- Exceptional working knowledge of financial control software.
- Assist with financial objectives through support in forecasting, budgeting, scheduling/reviewing expenditures, and analyzing variance to accurately track financial health;
- Monitor to ensure proper financial arrangements are in place related to projects to ensure solvency;
- Promote and support an organizational reporting structure that is consistent with operational requirements;
- Participate in the development of system improvements (administrative, project-specific, IT, etc.);
- Payroll, employee time sheet, and benefits administration;
- New project set up and deployment;
- Invoicing and management of AR/AP;
- Asset management and project management controls;
- Prepare and present key financial performance indicators;
- Comply with fair and equitable human resources policies that meet federal and provincial employment standards; and
- Assist in the presentation and administration of company policies and procedures.
Nichols offers an engaging corporate culture, flexible work environment, and the ability to work remotely. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
We will challenge your technical capabilities and allow you to enhance your creativity as one of our Team members. There is significant growth potential within the company for the right individual. We encourage all candidates to browse our Website at www.nichols.ca. Please forward your resume in confidence quoting the aforementioned position to:
Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd.
17331 - 107 Avenue NW