Intermediate Environmental Project Manager
Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd. (Nichols) is a full-service geo-environmental consulting and remediation firm that provides environmental and engineering solutions to a wide range of industrial, government and public sector clients. Nichols continues to expand our operations throughout western Canada and requires qualified individuals to join our team. A winning attitude as well as a flexible approach and diversity of experience will provide you with an excellent opportunity to expand your career at Nichols.
Our Edmonton office requires an Intermediate Environmental Project Manager on a full-time (40 hours per week) permanent basis to work with our current professional and administrative staff. The successful candidates should have the following:
- B.Sc. or Diploma in Environmental Science (various disciplines);
- Ideal candidate will have 5 to 10 years’ experience in managing environmental-related projects;
- Able to work independently and meet critical deadlines;
- Experience in Phase I and II ESA investigations, remedial excavation, groundwater monitoring and spill response;
- Experience in detailed site assessments (DSA’s), reclamation and familiarity with the Alberta Energy Regulatory (AER) directives;
- Strong working knowledge of the Alberta Environment and Protected Areas (AEPA) Tier 1 and 2 Soil and Groundwater Remediation Guidelines, and the AEPA Risk Management Plan Guide;
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Able to write technical reports effectively and efficiently;
- Flexible to travel throughout British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan, and to be out of town for a week at a time on an as-need basis; and
- Willing to work in the field on an as-needed basis (throughout the year).
- Complete the setup, scheduling and overall management of environmental project work including but not limited to Phase I/II ESAs, remediation, groundwater monitoring, spill response, DSAs and reclamation;
- Provide field, logistical and project management support for spill response assignments;
- Provide data review and interpretation and be involved in technical reporting both as an author and reviewer;
- Communicate effectively with fellow workers and the senior project management team;
- Liaise with third-party contractors including but not limited to laboratory service providers and regulatory agencies; and
- Provide front-line continued client service and promote business development.
Safety training such as First Aid, CPR, WHMIS, TDG, Ground Disturbance and H2S Alive would also be an asset. Along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, Nichols offers a first-class and engaging corporate culture. We also provide our employees with the flexibility to work from home on a limited basis, while still being supported by an experienced team.
We will challenge your technical capabilities and allow you diverse experience opportunities as one of our team members. There is significant growth potential within the company for the right individual. Apply in the form below:
Back To Top