Intermediate Geotechnical/Civil Engineer
Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd. is a full-service geo-civil-environmental consulting and remediation firm that provides engineering and environmental solutions to a wide range of industrial, government, and public sector clients. Nichols continues to expand our operations throughout Western Canada and requires qualified individuals to join our team.
Nichols is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our civil/geotechnical engineering team in Edmonton, Alberta. Candidates should possess at least three years of mixed engineering experience, ideally encompassing geotechnical investigations, slope stability modelling, civil design, and project management. Additionally, candidates must be comfortable both in the office with technical report preparation, geotechnical modelling and drafting civil designs, as well as being on the front line in the field completing data collection or work inspections and be willing to complete out of town work for short durations.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- A University Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Registered with APEGA and in the process of obtaining their P.Eng. designation;
- 3+ Years of experience in geotechnical investigations and civil design projects;
- Base knowledge of surficial geology and site investigation fundamentals;
- Proficient with detailed engineering calculations and analysis, and geotechnical modelling software (at a minimum GeoStudio SeepW/, SlopeW/ and SigmaW/ or equivalent) to solve complex issues;
- Understanding of site grading and stormwater management design concepts to meet municipal regulations;
- Understand site topographical survey fundamentals;
- Design experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software;
- Be able to work independently and meet critical deadlines;
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal; and
- A strong willingness to learn and work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, GeoStudio, GPS surveying, and safety training such as First Aid, CPR, WHMIS, TDG, Ground Disturbance, and/or H2S Alive would be considered an asset.
- Position is based out of our head office in Edmonton, Alberta;
- Nichols offers a hybrid work model with the ability to work remotely from time to time; and
- The position will involve approximately 50% office design work/technical reporting and 50% field/outdoor work.
Nichols offers a fast-paced learning environment to individuals who want to grow their experience in civil/municipal engineering. Along with a flexible work environment and competitive wage, Nichols offers an engaging corporate culture which will challenge your technical capabilities and allow you to diversify your experience opportunities as one of our team members. We encourage all candidates to browse our website. Please apply in the form below: